Friday, November 2, 2012
Halloween
We had a really fun Halloween. I decided to sew the kids costumes this year. Paige was easy. I had made an indian costume for her for a school program, so she just wore that. Simple.
Kayla started as a witch. I made her a cute cape and we had striped tights and the works. One problem. Her hat wouldn't stay on. So, for the first dress up (for the trunk-or-treat the night before) she was a witch. For Halloween she was a black cat. It was cute on her and she didn't seem to mind that she had to switch costumes.
I had a theme that I wanted to do for the boys, M & M's, and I thought they could each be a different color. That was perfect for Aiden and Brock because they were really excited about this. Collin on the other hand had a different idea. He got into his head that he wanted to be Peter Pan. I tried and tried to change his mind, but he wasn't buying that. After no convincing, he got his Peter Pan costume. When all was said and done I actually think I liked Peter Pan the best.
We carved pumpkins on Monday and the kids loved it. The boys got to use stickers and markers and they were definately very creative. They all had a lot of fun and I think we got some pretty cute pumpkins.
Between the trunk-or-treat at the church and trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, the kids got a lot of candy. They are in heaven. I am trying to control the intake of the candy, but that doesn't always happen. I am kind of glad Halloween is over, now we can look forward to the rest of the holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment