Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Paige's Baptism

Saturday was the big day for Paige. She was so excited and could hardly waited to get baptized by her dad. We had a lot of our family come to share this special day with her. The baptism was really nice and she said the water felt so warm when she got in. She really enjoyed the moment and we are so proud of her.




Afterwards we had everyone over for a light brunch. It was fun to visit and see everyone. We had a fun time. Paige was so excited because she got her very own set of scriptures. She had asked for them for her birthday and when she didn't get them she was disappointed. Little did she know that I had stashed them away for her baptism.

Weekend Wrapup
After the baptism and after everyone had gone home, we took the kids to ride on the Carosel and play at the park. Aiden and Brock love the carosel, but Collin absolutely hates it. He cries when you put him on a horse. Matt watched from outside the second time we rode, and he still cried. I hope he learns to like it, because we are planning on riding it several times this summer. Matt's brother and his family stayed so it was fun to spend some time with them.

Collin crying watching his brothers ride.

Morgan, Aiden and Brock

Aiden on the slide.

Brock looking at me for a picture.

Collin sliding to Dad.

Sunday at church Brock was really whiny so I took him out in the hall. We sat on the couch and I noticed he had little bumps on his leg that looked like little spider bites. I had also noticed that he was feeling really warm and fevery. There was someone sitting on the couch by us and she said it looked like the chicken pox. So as soon as sacrament ended, I sent Matt home with the boys and Kayla. She had a little rash on her chest and arm that had gone away, but I wasn't taking any chances. When I got home from church, the rash was gone. Then a couple hours later it was back again and I could tell it itched. I was pretty sure it was the pox.

He woke up in the night with a pretty high fever and was really miserable. Then in the morning the spots were gone. After about an hour they were back again. Can I just say mystery disease. So I took him to the doctor and he said it was a viral rash. So I just give him meds for the fever and Claritin for the the viral part. He did alright yesterday, but by last night he was hot and miserable again. In the middle of the night he woke up with a very high fever. When I first took his temp, it said 105, but I took it instantly again and it said 104.8. I was about to haul him the ER, but he started cooling down. The poor kid. He just isn't himself. I sure hope he gets over this soon, because it is taking its toll on my sleep.

3 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Hailey should have gotten baptized Saturday, but 2 cousins did instead, so we were forced to wait. She was a little upset. She will be getting baptized on June 26th. I am interested in hearing what you served for your light brunch? Sorry about the mystery disease, but glad it wasn't the pox. Your picture is cute of Paige, Matt, and you.

The Anderson Fam said...

Congrats darling paige, so proud of you. The boys look so stinkin cute and I can't believe how they just keep growing so fast. miss you!

Angela said...

Way to go Paige, I wish we could have been there.