This last weekend, Matt and I were able to get away by ourselves. That is a very rare moment for us and it was very much needed time away. Don't get me wrong. I love my kiddos, but I need a break every once in a blue moon. My mom and dad willing gave of their time and we left the kids with them on Saturday morning. We headed for Salt Lake for a reception of one of Matt's best friends from growing up. On our way we stopped and had lunch at the best place of all time, Maddox. Can I say YUMMY. Then we did a little shopping in Layton.
The reception was held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and on our way, we took a detour through Temple Square. The flowers were just gorgeous. I couldn't leave without getting a picture. They were breathtaking. The reception was so nice and it was fun to see family and friends. We had a good time.
After the reception, we ran a block in the pouring rain, back to our hotel. We did a mock 80 change of clothes and then we ran another four blocks in the pouring rain to the Gateway. We wanted to go to a movie and we were running late. We went and saw "The Last Song." It was really good, but incredibly sad. It was a definite tear jerker, but I really liked it.
Sunday we were able to stop and spend some time with Matt's parents, before we headed home. When we got home, the kids were so excited to see us and we were definately glad to see them. It was a nice break and we wore my parents out, but I'm sure they had a good time as well.

1 comment:
How fun. I'm jealous. Just a quick, simple trip, but how fun to get away for a night. Your parents are awesome! How is the cookbook going? Am I suppose to be getting you some more recipes? Last I heard it was breads.
Post a Comment