Friday, June 27, 2008

My New Home

Hello everyone. It is me. Thanks to Liz for updating last. As she reported, they admitted me yesterday. I was having some pretty serious contractions and I sent everyone here at the hospital into a frenzy. They were getting nervous that I would deliver yesterday and they didn't want that (neither did I). Their NICU is full and they don't have any room for my 3 boys. They said if I kept having contractions, and things progressed further, they would have to transfer me to McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden to deliver so I could be by the babies. Luckily that didn't happen.

Last night around 10:30 pm, after all the meds they started to give me started working, my contractions stopped. I was so relieved. So around 3 a.m. this morning they transfered me out of Labor and Delivery and put me in a regular room for the next several weeks. We were shooting for 32 weeks, but the new goal is 30 weeks. That is only 3 weeks. If I can at least make it that far we will be doing a lot better. If I can make 30 weeks, then we will aim for 32 weeks. I keep telling myself that the longer they are in me, the shorter the time they will spend in the NICU. It is just going to be a long several weeks.

At least I can get internet access. Matt has a work laptop that he is working remotely on for work and so when he isn't working I can get on and update. Yeah. Maybe that will help pass the time. Right now, my girls are still in Rexburg at my moms. She is being a most wonderful grandma and I will never be able to thank her enough for all that she is doing for us right now. She is an angel and I love her and my dad so much for all of their help. It is really hard being away from the girls, but right now it is the best place for them. I hate to keep juggling them around from place to place here in Utah. So we will hang in there for as long as we can.

Thanks again to all of you for your wonderful comments and support. I have such wonderful friends and family and you are all helping me get through this time in my life. Thank You.

5 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Good Luck Brook! Try and take it easy the next 3 to 5 weeks. It might seem long just lying around in bed all day...but before you know it they will be here. Keep us posted. I'm glad you got internet.

Kurt and Kristy said...

Wow Brooke! Good luck with everything! How great though that you have family to help you out during this time! You will all be in our prayers!

Ricks Family said...

You are an amazing woman Brook and will get through these next few weeks with ease....okay, so it will be horribly boring and awful to sit still so long, but it will be worth it when your handsome boys do come. Hang in there! Brooke

Kristen said...

Hey Brookie. I hope you are reading a bunch of books that you can recommend. Keep the positive thoughts coming...I can't wait until we see your new additions. K

Craig and Erin said...

Brook and Matt! We love you, we are here for you, if you need anything! Matt is welcome to stay with us any time! We will try and get up there this week to see your! Hang in there! Love ya
Craig and Erin