My time flies. I can't believe it has been two weeks since my last post. Two weeks ago, Matt went to Boise from Tuesday through Friday for meetings with work. I hate when he is gone that long. To top that off, Aiden had come down with a high fever Sunday and on Tuesday I took him to the doctor. It was a viral thing and it had to run its course, but he finally got over it. Then on Friday, Grandma Nielson came to stay. Grandpa Nielson met and went with Matt steelhead fishing in Challis. I was so glad I finally had some adult company. Matt and his Dad got home really late on Saturday night and Matt brought home two really nice fish. He had a fun time, but I was sure glad to have him come home.

Paige had Spring Break this last week. She got Thursday, Friday and Monday off. On Friday we headed to Utah for the weekend. We took the kids to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. It was a lot of fun. They had a new penguin exhibit that we got to see and that was the highlight.
Friday night Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids and Matt and I were able to go play games with Matt's brother and his wife. It was a lot of fun. Then around 3:00 a.m. we were awakened by three crying boys. Matt went in to check on the boys and came back with Collin who had thrown up. That started off with a night full of excitement for us. Poor Collin was so sick.
Saturday morning we had planned to take all the kids to the easter egg hunt. Since Collin was sick, Matt went by himself with Paige, Kayla, Aiden and Brock and he also took our nephew Jacob who had spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's. The kids had a fun time and got quite a few eggs.
Saturday night while Matt and his dad were at the Priesthood Session the girls and I colored Easter Eggs. It was fun. Collin finally ate dinner and the was the first thing he had eaten all day. I was relieved when he finally ate.
Sunday morning we woke up and discovered the Easter Bunny had found us in Utah. The kids were so excited and got some fun things. Then some of Matt's brothers and sister and the their families came for Eater dinner and the kids had an Easter Treasure Hunt. Then we hit the road and headed home.
Then in the middle of the night Sunday, I was awakened with another sick child. Brock decided to have the flu. So with another sick boy in the middle of the night I thought it would be nice to sleep in. Much to my surprise, Paige woke up and started with the flu. When I went in to check on Kayla I noticed she had thrown up in her sleep. Sorry for all of the fun pictures I am painting for you. Then to top it off, I was feeling horrible myself. I was hoping Matt could have stayed home to help me with all the sick kids, but he had school, so I was on my own. We survived and I think we are all of the mend. We are definately feeling better today.
It has been two weeks jam packed with fun and excitement, but I am hoping the next few weeks are a little calmer.

3 comments:
I can't believe you guys ended of sick too. I hope it has run its course and you guys are doing better. It was fun to see you last weekend.
The aquarium place is really cool. My boys loved that they could hold star fish. Sounds like you all had fun, especially Matt. :)
Its crazy how 1 gets sick they all do and it always seems to be at the worst time!! Your kids are getting so big! Hope everything is going well.
Post a Comment