Sunday, August 31, 2008

Aiden's Big Day

It is official. Aiden got to come home today. I can hardly believe it. He spent a total of 52 days in the NICU and now he is free. Collin was supposed to come home yesterday, but it didn't happen. On Friday we changed Collin and Aiden over to formula and Aiden did fine with it and Collin didn't. He just didn't eat enough that the Doctor decided not to let him go. We were hoping for both of them today, but only Aiden got to leave. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday and we can bring Collin too. Brock isn't too far behind. I am hoping that by next weekend we can have all three of them home in Idaho.


This morning we went to see the boys and finish everything we needed to do so Aiden could leave. He passed all of his exams and got the green light. On Friday all three of them passed their hearing tests, so that was the last of the tests. We gave Aiden a bath and put him into his huge car seat and then he got his first step into the real world. It is still almost like a dream. It is crazy to think that we are actually getting this close to going home. I think it will be nice to gradually work into this. Bringing one baby at a time might not be to bad. It is definately going to get interesting.


They have all done good in the weight gain department the last few days.


Aiden - Thursday 4 lbs. 9 oz., Friday he stayed the same, Saturday he was 4 lbs. 11 1/2 oz.
Brock - Thursday 4 lbs. 2 3/4 oz., Friday 4 lbs. 3 1/2 oz. , Saturday 4 lbs. 3 3/4 oz.
Collin - Thursday 4 lbs. 9 oz., Friday 4 lbs. 10 oz., Saturday 4 lbs. 12 oz.


Here are some fun pictures of Aiden on his big day coming home.





Welcome Home Aiden!!!!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

That is so great. He looks so cute in his car seat.
Congrats

The Freed Family said...

Congratulations Brook. I have been checking your blog faithfully, but haven't left many comments. Wow--you'll soon have them all home and settled into a routine. I am feeling overwhelmed for you. You have kids in Rexburg to take care of, kids in the hospital to care for, and now Aiden out of the hospital to care for.

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

YEAH! I can only imagine how grateful you are to have this stage almost over. :o) Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help. It will be so great to get you all home and see those boys when you're ready to show them off. :o)

Hilary said...

Way to go! How exciting. I can imagine that your life will get very interesting. He looks so tiny in the car seat. Good luck with your coming weeks.

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope the other two will join you all soon. As I have read all your blog updates I just can't imagine how that must feel to go home each day without your babies. I can't imagine waiting over 7 weeks! But hopefully that is almost done. I wish you the best!!!

Kurt and Kristy said...

Yeah!! How exciting for you! And how neat that you could have all of you together within a few weeks! Im sure that will be a very exciting day for all of you!

Megan and Shawn said...

That is great news, I'm so glad that the boys are all doing so good. We think of you a lot, and hope that Brock and Collin will be able to be home soon.