Sunday, July 20, 2008

Too many Hospitals

Well our weekend didn't get off to the best start. Saturday morning Paige was crying uncontrollably for about 2 hours. She was complaining of pain in her abdomen. So after two hours, I decided we better take her to the doctor to see what was wrong. We started at an Urgent Care, but they said in case it was her appendix we better just go to the Emergency Room. So off we went. Once we got admitted and waited, she suddenly started feeling better. (of course) We found out there really was something wrong with her. She had a urinary tract infection. So we got her some meds and took her back to Grandma Nielsons.


Then we made the trek in to see the boys. They are doing so good. They are all still on the canules. They are down on almost the lowest level of that. They alternate being on the bellirubin lights and all of them have gotten increased feedings. When we were there this afternoon Aiden was getting 11mL every 3 hours, Brock 13 mL every 3 hours and Collin 13 mL every 3 hours. Aiden was spitting up quite a bit right before we left (reflux) so they were going to try and switch his feedings over to the pump. That will slowly drip his feedings in over a 30 minute period of time. Hopefully that will help the little guy.

One of the fun parts while being there when we visit is helping with their cares. They do cares every 3 hours. It consists of taking their temperatures, changing diapers, they get all their measurments taken, heartbeats listened to and their feedings. The only parts Matt and I get to do are the temperatures and the diaper changes. It is quite the experience changing the diapers. It feels like you might break the little guys when you lift them up. It is a fun way to get to participate, so we always try to make our visits around the care times.

They are slowly gaining weight. On Friday night Aiden weighed 2 lbs. 10 oz. and last night he weighed 2 lbs. 8 1/2 oz. Friday night Brock weighed 2 lbs. 1 1/2 oz. and he still weighed the same last night. Friday night Collin weighed 2 lbs. 8 1/2 oz. and Saturday night he weighed around 2 lbs. 5 oz. They are fluctuating around a little, but they are holding their own.

What precious little boys we have. It has been an experience in my life that I will never forget, but it is one I wouldn't trade for anything. To be blessed with 3 little boys all at one time is an experience that just makes me think every day, how lucky I am to have them come into our family. To add them to my two wonderful little girls, makes our family feel so complete now. I wouldn't trade this for anything.





The girls love to go visit their brothers. They also love to put their hands in the isoletes and touch them. This is their one on one time with Aiden.


Brock wearing his sunglasses (as the girls call them). They have to wear those over their eyes while they are under the lights.

Collin's diaper is always halfway off when go see him. He squirms around when he is on his belly and it makes his diaper fall off.

5 comments:

Jordan and Jenny said...

Your boys look so great! I'm glad that they are doing so well and that you get to hold them and help with them now. I hope Paige is feeling better. What a weekend. I hope Matt has good insurance :). Take care,
Jenny

Kristen said...

They look so little. Poor Paige. Thanks for the update.

Hilary said...

I hope Paige is feeling better. I bet you were saying, "Can this really be happening right now?" when you were at the ER with her. Your boys look great! I just went visiting teaching and the lesson was on being created in Heavenly Father's image. I told everyone about your sweet boys and how perfect and tiny they are. Miraculous! Thanks for the updates.

Cheri said...

Congrats!
I hadn't heard the news until this last week when I was in Boston for Meditec. I am so glad that things are going well. They are so handsome! Reminds me of Tyler when he was born. They sectioned me then because Tyler wasn't doing very good--but I did make it to 32 weeks.

We'll keep you in our prayers! I need to call your mom. Love Cheri and Warren

Aimee said...

Congratulations on your boys! What an exciting adventure for you. I pray all continues to go well for them and you. Hopefully the boys will be the only ones in the hospital , poor Paige. UTI are awful and if you are little and don't know what is going on it is pretty painful, but at the same time going to the ER at this time in your life just adds to everything. Take care and keep in touch.