Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good Ole' Boys

Sorry it has been so long since I put an update on. Life is just kind of hectic with all that is going on. With daily trips to and from the hospital and taking care of the girls, time goes by really fast.

The boys are all doing pretty well. All three boys got their PIC lines out this week. Tuesday Brock and Collin got theirs out and Aiden got his out on Wednesday. Also on Tuesday, Collin was taken totally off of his canule, which means that he is breathing completely on his own, without any help. He has been doing really well without it. The nurse had to put the oxygen back on for a couple of hours on Tuesday night, but since then he has been without. Aiden has been doing pretty well. He has had a few days where he drops on his O2 levels quite a bit and then he recovers on his own. He is really starting to look like a real baby. Although he is still very small, he has really good features. Brock is also doing really well. He was on the lights for a few days, but he is off of them now. He has been dropping a little weight, but is starting to gain again. Here is an update on all of their weights.


Aiden
Sunday 2 lbs. 10 1/2 oz.
Monday 2 lbs. 12 oz.
Tuesday 2 1bs. 13 oz.
Wednesday 2 lbs. 11 oz.




Brock
Sunday 2 lbs. 4 oz.
Monday 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Tuesday 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Wednesday 2 lbs. 1 1/2 oz.



Collin
Sunday 2 lbs. 8 oz.
Monday 2 lbs. 7 1/2 oz.
Tuesday 2 lbs. 8 oz.
Wednesday 2 lbs. 7 oz.

On Wednesday night, we took the girls to the Bountiful city parade. They always do their parade the day before the 24th. They had a really fun time catching lots of candy. Then we had a BBQ with all of Matt's family. Afterwards, we watched the fireworks from Matt's Mom and Dad's backyard. The girls absolutely loved them. They missed out on the 4th, so this was fun for them.


Thursday morning for the 24th, I took the girls up to Kaysville to my sister-in-laws. Her neighborhood had a kid parade. Paige got to drive one of those Barbie jeeps with Josh (her cousin) and Kayla rode in a wagon with some neighbor kids. Then they had a bunch of fun little carnival games for them. They had a really fun time. They are going home with Matt on Saturday, and they are really excited. They have been away from home for over 20 days, and they are homesick. They are wishing I could go with them, but I have to stay and be with the boys. This will all be over soon, then our family can all return to Rexburg and start this next adventure of our lives.


3 comments:

jillian said...

we are so glad that the boys are doing well! we sat at the end of the parade route, where only floats, cars and horses passed, but the girls loved it. Jay and I were missing the shortness of the rexburg parades by the end though! the girls say hi, and have a great week!

Kristen said...

How fun for the girls. That is the cutest idea to have a kid parade.
The boys are looking quite handsome. I can't wait for you to take them home.

Britney said...

I am so glad I found your blog! The boys are so sweet... I can't believe how little they are!!! You are such a strong person and I admire you so much!